Press Room Helper-2nd Shift
SUMMARY: Assist press operators in the set-up, clean-up and basic running of flexographic presses. Prepare cartons and pack finished product according to job specifications. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training will be provided to qualified candidates:
- Assist press operators in the set-up, clean-up and running of flexo presses
- Handle basic press functions and load paper onto press
- Monitor quality of finished product according to standards. Refer quality problems or product errors to press operator or shift supervisor for resolution
- Read work order job instructions & item copy cards
- Mount printing plates
- Relieve operators for breaks and lunches
- Follow safety procedures and assist the press operators in the upkeep of the work area
Tasks will also include all those assigned to Packer positions:
- Package materials and products manually; Retrieve empty cartons from designated areas at floor level. Assemble cartons; obtain and sort product
- Wrap protective material around product as required and banded product if required
- Insert product into boxes according to quantity and/or customer specifications
- Monitor label and product quality during production and/or packaging
- Sweep floors and main aisles and perform other duties to maintain a clean work area
- Assists press operators in the replacement of paper rolls onto unwind module, filling hot melt bins and removing waste from presses with wheeled dumpsters and dispose in compactor and stage recycling containers with hand jack.
- Emptying trash cans and maintaining good housekeeping around all presses
- Bring and remove required tooling and ink to the press based on copy card specifications
- Assist in cleaning Anilox rolls as required
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
QUALIFICATIONS: Physical capabilities must fulfill minimum requirements to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Follow directions; read, write, speak and understand English; hear; ability to differentiate colors as determined by color blindness testing; learn and retain new skills and processes; possess basic math skills and mechanical aptitude, read a ruler, Ability to quickly learn and retain new skills and processes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: At a minimum, the individual must be able to stand during work hours, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds; over 50 lbs with assistance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While fulfilling the duties and responsibilities described above, the employee will be working in an industrial environment where:
- Contact with moving mechanical systems is the norm.
- Exposure to non-hazardous fumes may occur.
- The noise level may be loud and hearing protection may be recommended or required.
- Eye protection may be recommended or required.
- Contact with certain chemicals may occur. These chemicals include both hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals.