Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is accountable for selling in a direct to end-user business environment, responsible for selling the full line of SATO solutions and services. The individual acts as a consultant for AIDC and RFID solutions.
Candidate shall be responsible for the Western Region of the United States. The Western Region includes: Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico.
- Drive strategic account penetration by building and executing professional selling relationships with key stakeholders, discovering needs, relating customer value to SATO hardware, software & service solutions, handling objections, and managing on going customer relationships.
- Work to develop a continuous pipeline of new opportunities from the list of assigned target accounts while maintaining and growing the existing client base.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Assume total ownership for accelerating the sale process: target new business development, managing the quote process, "quarterbacking" the proposal development and successful delivery of the SATO solution.
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers, create action plans, and measure activity against target.
- Coordinate resources to identify key internal and external resources, communicate relevant information, and build customer focused relationships.
- Consultative problem solving to drive customer value by using both internal & external collaboration to maximize account penetration and sales of the complete product line.
- Develop customer relationships and provide data and insights on customer requirements, strategies and business opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years successful sales experience using consultative selling and closing skills in technology environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills coupled with solid technical abilities. A demonstrated ability to close a sale that may consist of a long selling cycle.
- Must be technically savvy having a basic knowledge of PC level local and network hardware and host system understanding and communications. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software.
- A strong working knowledge of AIDC solutions and their associated selling techniques.
- General understanding of RFID technology and applications.
- College degree a plus.
- A self-starter who can manage sales goals through prospecting, lead qualification, forecasting, resource allocation, account strategy and planning.
- Ability to manage a sales process, including negotiating sales opportunities to closure, through a deep understanding of a prospective customer buying process.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Experience in developing product and solution offerings.
SATO provides competitive salary and benefits.